View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 02:35 PM   #6
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
You don't even have to put books specifically in that folder; the Reader scans the whole disk.
Hmmm... is there a benefit or penalty to putting books outside of the /database/ heirarchy?

And, since you've weighed into this discussion, Kovid, is there a convenient way to use Calibre to move books onto and off of the Sony Reader without storing them in the Calibre database? My thought is that I only need to have books in the database when I'm *working* on them as in creating books or converting books from another format. I'm concerned about disk storage requirements -- storing books on removable media (external USB drive) rather than my primary hard drive on this laptop. I don't want to configure Calibre to use the database from another drive, so I have to pay attention to its size so that I don't run out of space on my laptop's drive.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote