View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #201
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by way8lifter View Post
I have listened to and read that series many times over the last 30 years..and the last time listening to it ..say 6 months ago .. I really was shocked at the racism ..I guess before I just let it roll off my back
There's some "excuse" for it in the cosmology, with each nation created by and in some way reflecting a different god. Also, Belgarath is kind of the ultimate ornery grandad

Really though, it reads more like Eddings considers national origin a major determinant of personality and intelligence.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote