View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 06:43 AM   #9
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
$400 seems a bit steep.

I use an Epson Perfection V33 scanner (link), which I think is an excellent model. It can "see" between pages without any blurriness, even though the sensor is not as close to the spine as with other scanners. But it's ok, you're probably not going to be scanning comic books or magazines anyway (that's the main advantage of those types of scanners) and even if you do, you can probably crop them just fine. Like I said, the processing part is a much more involved process. At 300 dpi the quality is pretty good and I only use 600 dpi for covers or various other elements. The results are great for OCR-ing and vectorizing.
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote