View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 03:00 PM   #3
rleguillow
Always Reading
rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: FW 1192, PRS-700, kobo, Rocket, PRS-650, Nook Glow, Kobo Glo, others
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
It's really publishers and to some extent authors you need to convince most, not Sony or Amazon or whoever. Many publishers won't allow their books to be sold without DRM at this point.

Also if you by DRM books from Sony and your device dies you can get another Sony device and read them.
I don't know if I agree with you on that, Brian. It happens that my first PRS-700 did die 4 days after I bought it. I'd loaded several books on it that were from Sony's free classics offer, and after I got it replaced, those books would not work on the new one. Which really stunned me, since those are presumably public domain books to begin with.

Nevertheless, I see your point about publishers and authors - but I'm working on the premise that Sony will start telling them, if we are telling Sony. But by all means, feel free to tell the publishers/authors too! I just figure simply not buying isn't enough. For all they know, I only buy one book a year - and the truth is WAY far from that, it probably comes out to something like 10-20 books a month, considering hardback, paperback, audio and ebooks. I want to be sure they have some idea just how much revenue they are losing, so I need to be in their face about it, not just sitting out and not shopping their stores.
rleguillow is offline   Reply With Quote