View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 01:51 PM   #9
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
As I understand it, Amazon delivers to your Kindle or Fire or app only that file it requires. I've never tried downloading for side-loading, but I would assume that such a download would have to include both formats, for how else would Amazon know which device it was going to?
Nope. A dual-format file never reaches the end user (not from the result of an Amazon purchase/download anyway). Only one or the other format gets delivered—based on the device/app's capabilities. Same for downloading with the intent to sideload.

They know which device "Download for Transfer Via USB" is going to because you have to TELL them which of your registered devices you're downloading it for.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote