View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 07:32 PM   #13
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
By the way I run 1.7.something on Linux using wine. I find it works quite well, as does Kindle for PC. Certainly well enough for the initial download of the book to then be fed into the deDRM process. Unfortunately the latest version doesn't seem to run under Wine, so I keep the old installer handy (you can find it if you google).
I know. Maybe I'm going to try that first, and use that, as long as 1.7 is still supported for downloading books. I can see that Adobe at some point is going to require 2.0

I wonder what they changed so that Wine doesn't support that program anymore. It's bizarre. Nowadays, Wine is compatible enough to run a lot of games flawlessly; it actually runs some Win98-era games that don't run on Windows7 itself... and a simple application such as ADE 2.0 won't work.

To some extent, I have a feeling that Adobe did it on purpose.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote