View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 02:25 PM   #3
kksdragons
Bibliophile
kksdragons began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad
Thanks itimpi! I appreciate your speedy reply!

OK....

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
There are two possible scenarios for this:
- you are using Internet Explorer as your browser. IE ignores the mime type and says it is a zip file by looking at the content (an ePub IS a zip file under the covers). In this case the only recourse is to rename the file back to ePub.
Yes, I use IE, as do several members of my family who will be using the library. Way too many books to try to rename them all!

Quote:
- the web server you are using ignores the mime type in the HTML and needs it setting up explicitly in the web server configuration for ePub file types.
This sounds like the best option for my large (and still growing) library. HOW, exactly do I do this?? Is there a specific code that needs to go somewhere? And, once done, does whatever this is need to be redone every time I generate a new library?

Quote:
the developer who was working on search seems to have gone quiet so no real idea. My personal experience is that it only seems to work on small libraries.
Rats! Hope s/he wakes up soon!

Quote:
There is no incremental update facility. The generation process does try and optimise a bit and avoid updating any generated files that are the same as the last run. Improving the optimisations further to speed up generation is on the roadmap, but I have no idea of likely timescales as some of the C2O developers seem to have little/no time free to work on it.
Sure would be a nice-to-have function!

Is there a list of the various options you can check/modifications/customizations you can make on the different tabs within the GUI? I start looking at these tabs and my eyes glaze over (even with the pop-up explanations). My erstwhile coding skills are about 30 years out of date!

kksdragons is offline   Reply With Quote