View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 12:08 PM   #19
questionfear
Connoisseur
questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by radleyp View Post
How can he miss the one feature that makes the iphone2 a truly deficient reader, namely the poor battery life? My wife played with one two days ago for a whole afternoon, with 3G on, and got barely three hours of battery life. You have to carry your charger all the time and be sure you are near an outlet. Not for me! And for me there is no comparison between reading a backlit lcd and eink, eink is far superior. I was all set to charge into the Apple store to buy the new iphone, when I started reading all these complaints about battery life. It's beautiful hardware, but I'll stick to my (far from perfect) MotoQ - with Skyfire beta installed, it can definitely hold its own as a browser. The RIM people must be delighted, this device will never make it as a business tool.
It's not just the 3G...I have an original iPhone and the battery has been worse since the 2.0 update. It didn't bother me too much, as I generally charge it nightly anyway, but it did cause me a problem this past weekend. I was at a rugby tournament and had to take a friend to the ER (she busted her shoulder when she got tackled), and I had to carefully manage the power on my phone to insure it didn't crap out on me while we were there. I couldn't take advantage of any of the things that make my iPhone fun, like music, ebooks, web surfing, etc. The signal was bad, and I couldn't turn it to airplane mode because our teammates were calling for updates, and I couldn't entertain myself while she was in xray because using the phone to read ebooks would have drained the battery...

And all I could think about was "As soon as we get home I am ordering a Kindle." (I haven't yet, but I will.)
questionfear is offline   Reply With Quote