View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #93
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
I love Audible's freebies and even occasionally buy from them, but I must admit I am partial to an audiobook service that delivers mp3s. For several years I only had a mp3 player that was not compatible with Audible. It was inconvenient (not impossible) to convert them to files I could use. Now that I use an Android tablet I can use the Audible app but I still find it better to have a universal format and manage my library my way.
I too prefer MP3's, but that just isn't possible for many publishers right now. I stick them on my Clip+, though, and that works for me (can move to any other authorized device, for that matter and can ignore the audible manager after the first download; if you lose a device or it breaks, easy enough to remove the authorization).

The audiobook function on the new Kindle Fire is quite nice (the browser, on the other hand, isn't, nor is the wait time to see your archive or books on the device, if you have a large archive).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote