View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 07:40 PM   #47
Ajax
Addict
Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 Touch, Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfollowell View Post
I picked this one up earlier in the thread but I've been wondering; this one came out two full weeks before April was even here. How early do these become available? Is May already available? What about June? The Baen web site already shows the bundles available through June but I'm not sure if you can purchase and download yet.

Anyone know?

- Byron

Straight from the Monthly Baen Bundle home page:

Quote:
Monthly Baen Bundles are a web based re-creation of the serialized novel using material published by Baen Books. Each ebook will be published in three segments, one month apart, beginning 3 months before the actual publication date. Each month at least 4 books will be available. The intent is to use all frontlist books for that month (i.e. those that have never been published by Baen before). If fewer than four books are published, or if one or more of them are unavailable, books from the backlist will be used.
For each month purchased, you will receive internet access to a directory containing at least four books.

Three months before publication subscribers receive the first half of all the books.
Two months before publication subscribers receive the third quarter of all the books.
One month before publication subscribers receive the last quarter, completing all the books.

About two weeks after the last quarter is delivered, bookstores around the country will begin to stock these titles.

Participating in Monthly Baen Bundles does not require a purchase of every month offered. Purchase of an individual month will deliver that month’s complete books whether or not other months are purchased.
So if you bought the May bundle at this moment, you would be able to download the first 3/4 of the new books and in around a month you would be able to access the full versions when they release. You can buy them at any point once they become available, you just won't be able to read the full versions of the books until one month before publication.
Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote