View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 04:48 AM   #1
amoroso
Groupie
amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle for Android, Google Play Books
Aldiko 2 image and text formatting issues

I tried Aldiko Premium 2.0 and 2.0.1 on my Nexus S phone running Android 2.3.3. Aldiko 2 has image and text formatting issues that were not present in version 1.

All ebook images, including book covers, are displayed at full size rather than reduced to fit the screen with zoom option like in version 1. This looks ugly and reduces usability.

Further, checking an ebook that Aldiko 1 displayed perfectly, I found regressions in Aldiko 2 ePub rendering. An ebook illustration caption that Aldiko 1 correctly displayed centered and italicized is instead formatted as plain, justified text by Aldiko 2. Also, for indented paragraphs that have extra left margin, Aldiko 2 uses the same left text margin as the rest of the ebook. I created that ebook, and it passes two ePub validators including epubcheck. And I did check the Aldiko setting for using the book CSS.

Finally, the bottom menu displayed when touching the phone's Menu button while displaying an ebook is partially cropped at the bottom on the Nexus S screen.

Can anybody confirm these issues?
amoroso is offline   Reply With Quote