View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 11:50 PM   #1
I3iggy
I3iggy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Which e-readers for my parents in Canada?

So a while ago my dad expressed interest in getting an e-reader, so I thought I'd get my parents a pair for Christmas. I've done a pile of reading, but can't find comparable info on the e-readers I'm interested in. Myself, I'd be all over the nook, but I'm not sure if that would fit my parents needs. They go through a ton of books, so I want to make sure I get them whats best. Here's what I'm looking for:

- lend or share ebooks, or can you log two readers in to the same account? (theres no way they're buying their own copies of each book)
- buy ebooks from the e-reader over wifi (no way they can figure out how to load them from a computer...)
- EASY user interface, primarily for buying the ebooks and loading ebooks they have bought.

So far I've been looking at the Kindles, the Nook wifi, and the Kobo wifi.

Kobo - I know every bodies going to crap on the Kobo, but remember what features I'm looking for. Nowhere can I find if you can lend or share books on a kobo. BUT I can get Chapters gift certificates off of my credit card reward points so I can conceivably get them for free...

Nook - The only thing I'm worried about with the nook is how easy the user interface is? They spend quite a bit of time in the states so if there's a book thats not available in Canada, they can just head across the border and download it at a B&N store. AND it can lend books!!

Kindles - It's never really done it for me, not in to having a keyboard on an e-reader. But if it works the best for my parents, then I can live with it! I've read theres also some problems with books not being available in Canada? Also, can you led books on a Kindle? Also, would the 3g version of the kindle work in Canada and the states?

Any other e-reader that meets the specs?

Thanks everybody!
I3iggy is offline   Reply With Quote