View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 04:28 PM   #8
daudi
Addict
daudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-books

Device: iRex iLiad, Psion 5MX, nokia n800
@nekokami

I think we have similar needs in terms of bibliography tools (in fact I've been intrigued by your sig. for a while and was going to ask if you had a spec./wishlist worked out).

IIRC the bookmark feature stores info in the manifest, so if it is stored as a plain text it should not be too hard to have a tool to extract info from the manifest and insert it into a bibtex file (I love plain text files). But as you say writing too much with the keyboard on the iliad will be frustrating. Being able to select a few lines of text and have that saved in the manifest as plain text (with page number maybe) would be very nice. I wish I had more experience with compiled languages so I could try to implement something, but that is not going to happen. Whenever I read about pointers I get a headache and I often have to look 'C' up in the dictionary to make sure I've spelled it correctly.

Edit: I convert my html and rtf/doc files to PDF so I can scribble on them.
daudi is offline   Reply With Quote