View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 07:48 PM   #16
varu
varu knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'varu knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'varu knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'varu knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'varu knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'varu knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'varu knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'varu knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'varu knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'varu knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'varu knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle PW2
The plan is to change how the display temperature is retrieved, having the adc_disp_gettemp_work function hard-set display_temp_c to a sane value, say 25c (which also happens to be the default sane value chosen: #define DISP_DEFAULT_TEMP 25).

This will ensure that a comparison for the battery temperature still takes place, while also disabling the constant ADC polls. Whether the display will come out unreadable remains to be seen; so far, the display temperature gets set to either 43 or 75C depending on the kernel and I've yet to see unreadable output on it.

Again, I'm open to any suggestions, minus relegating it to the spare parts bin - not giving up just yet

On kernel recompilation, I used the 5.4.3.2 sources, built the included toolchain, & got as far as the compile stage (using these instructions). I used the .config from a live 5.4.3.2 kernel, retrieved from /proc/config.gz. However, I'm now stuck at:

Spoiler:
Code:
  GEN     usr/initramfs_data.cpio
File /initrd/lib/klibc/lib/klibc-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.so could not be opened for reading
 line 61
File /initrd/initramfs/lib/arcotg_udc.ko could not be opened for reading
 line 69
File /initrd/initramfs/lib/g_file_storage.ko could not be opened for reading
 line 70
File /initrd/initramfs/lib/mxc_epdc_fb.ko could not be opened for reading
 line 73
File /initrd/lib/klibc/bin/ipconfig could not be opened for reading
 line 77
File /initrd/lib/klibc/bin/nfsmount could not be opened for reading
 line 78
File /initrd/lib/klibc/bin/run-init could not be opened for reading
 line 79
File /initrd/lib/klibc/bin/cat could not be opened for reading
 line 80
File /initrd/lib/klibc/bin/sleep could not be opened for reading
 line 81
File /initrd/sbin/recovery-util could not be opened for reading
 line 82
File /initrd/sbin/hotplug could not be opened for reading
 line 83
File /initrd/lib/klibc/bin/kinit could not be opened for reading
 line 84
File /initrd/lib/klibc/bin/sh.shared could not be opened for reading
 line 85
File /initrd/initramfs/bin/mkdosfs could not be opened for reading
 line 86
File /initrd/initramfs/bin/load_waveform.sh could not be opened for reading
 line 87
make[1]: *** [usr/initramfs_data.cpio] Error 255
make: *** [usr] Error 2

These seem to be the files from the statically linked initramfs. Extracting this and the files contained within from the 5.4.3.2 uImage is no problem thanks to this guide, but I'm not sure how to work it back into the kernel compile stage. The goal is to get a functional kernel compiled, after which I can make the necessary modifications to max77696-adc.c.
varu is offline   Reply With Quote