View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 02:20 PM   #4
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
My only quibble is with this:

Amazon did not have the right to sell that particular version of 1984 (it wasn't in public domain thanks to the Sonny Bono Disney Protection Act) so they removed it *and* refunded the purchase price. For content creators I would think that this would be a good thing. Having your IP protected and all that comes with the possibility of having content that violates copyright removed. Amazon, because of Whispernet, is able to remove all offending copies off of Kindles and remove access from Kindle apps.

The survey results were interesting and reinforce my opinion that DRMed ebooks are worth far less than DRM free ones. Too bad that reality is usually the opposite.
I agree that this was not a good example, but I think the uneasiness is that Amazon has the power to do this at a whim, even though all cases so far may have been fair and appropriate.

BTW: I have nothing to do with this survey or Critters (except I get their monthly email news). Just thought it might be interesting.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote