View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 09:15 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
Kindle, and Sony I looked the most closely at. Both are designed to make you buy your content from the seller. In the Kindle's case that is Amazon.com. The good news is that with a built in wireless connection that happens pretty quick. The bad news is you pay for every book you read. Also they are not designed to be easy to load books onto from your PC.
I cannot speak for the Kindle, but I do know that with ePub, you can purchase eBooks from online shops other than Sony. Lots of shops outside the US sell ePub and some in the US do as well. And some public libraries support ePub. As for getting content onto the 505 or 700, it is very easy to do. Just run eBook library, plug the Reader into the USB cable, drag over the title and you can put them in collections as well if you want. So please leave out the misinformation.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote