View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 11:32 AM   #77
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I view getting rid of Indie novels I now have no intention whatsoever of reading is akin to throwing away soiled underwear. After all, there comes a point where the clutter just overwhelms one's sense of both propriety and orderliness.
This thread was the impetus for my culling over 50 books from about 200 at Amazon. Thank you. I'd become much more selective about epubs and had pruned them long ago, but I had let the freebies at Amazon accumulate and they had started to drag me down.

I used to think that freebies were fully priced; now I think they're overpriced for me. In a morass of dimly remembered and entirely forgotten titles, it becomes difficult to identify the occasional gem purchased because Amazon had the best price. In general even the high quality freebies are at best fungible; there would always a huge selection if I felt the need (and I won't, frankly).

Life is short and there are only so many books I'll be able to read. Not everything has to be deep or great because I have a need for light reading as well, but it should be good of its kind. Losing the dross makes it much easier to identify.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote