Thread: MobileRead February 2013 Book Club Vote
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 10:00 PM   #155
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
September. I'd be very happy reading banned books for my birth month.

Science Fiction for July
Nonfiction for August
Banned Books for September
Fantasy for October (which allows most horror to sneak in on technicalities)
Young Adult for November (which skews toward shorter books; easier on holiday schedules)
Free-for-All for December
August is a summer month. We don't have time to do non-fiction in the summer. We don't want horror for October because the winners have all been old and crap. But because it's Modern Literature and something Horrorish does win, at least it might be decent because it's not old dull.

Science Fiction for July
Banned Books for August
Fantasy for September
Modern Literature for October (written in the past 10 years)
Non-Fiction for November
Young Adult for December

That is the list. We have to counter Classics and thus Modern Literature has to happen. We have to have non-fiction in November because it fits best there. September is my month and I want Fantasy. December can have Young Adult so we don't get the same problem as last December.

So there we go. The proper list.

Last edited by JSWolf; 01-28-2013 at 10:03 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote