View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 07:30 PM   #5
m00min
Connoisseur
m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad / NST / Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JxK View Post
For myself, I'd argue that books themselves are just memes which are preserved using a variety of changing containers.

Thoughts?
The same can be said for music and films. It's the content that's important, the papery thing, disk, VHS, DVD, is just the delivery mechanism.

I love the précis in the comments though, roughly paraphrased; "I'm an old fogey who doesn't like electronic stuff"
m00min is offline   Reply With Quote