View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 02:16 PM   #14
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
There is a discussion or two about the SGP5 on the android device forum.

I like the size very much but the screen resolution and PPI made me steer clear of it personally besides the price. $219 now is rather ridiculous.

The screen on the Ipod Touch 5 is fantastic but I'm not sure I like the size. My HTC smartphone is 4.3" but it is a bit too bulky. Guess there isn't anything perfect to tell the truth.

I think Walmart has the SGII without a contract available, at least a week ago I saw the display saying as much. BUT at the nearest store to me, the clerk told me some guy bought all they had left. Guess I know what his plans are for them.

The updrade to the HD was well worth it to me, no regrets at all especially after doing a trade in.
Yesterday I read all threads I could find, Watched Mobile Tech Review and a few others on YouTube. Amazon has it for $203 right now. So I've just ordered it.

You have to understand. I have a $400 LG Vortex I use more than anything. The screen on it you'd probably hate. 3.2", 320 x 480 pixels with Pixel density of 180 ppi. I've read plenty of books of on it. The problem is it's my phone and lifeline. The battery life sucks if I use it alot. I get maybe a day charge on it and with heavy use that's half a day. I need my phone so the SGP will allow me to enjoy everything I do on my phone without losing battery.

I ordered a nice TPU gel skin in gray for it. It comes with a screen guard. I got it on eBay for $12. So I'm all set. It's my early birthday present. My bday falls right after Black Friday so I always get the big stuff early. I was going to get a KFHD but I can't see giving up $200 for something I already own for a new screen and audible reading the books when I can do that with my Sansa Clip. I'm still eyeing the paperwhite but they are not in stock and I am waiting to see if the QC picks up.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote