View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 07:36 AM   #58
markbot
Guru
markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2
This will receive a $100 price reduction before Christmas...mark my words. Those who preorder will retroactively receive the discount. It's priced $100 too high.

Pros:
$40 cheaper than 32 GB Ipad with cover (640 vs 600)
Surface cover actually does something useful so I'd say there is a $100 benefit (640 vs 500)
Ipad has superior hardware (battery life probably, screen, Apple vs msft, etc) (500 vs 500)
Surface has MS Office for free. At least a $100 benefit in my mind. (500 vs 400).
Surface has better connectors and has SD slot, etc (500 vs 370)
Ipad has a hellalot more apps. what is this worth?...increases functionality of the device immeasurably....worth probably $200. (300 vs 370)

So there you have it, the Surface is priced $70 above the Ipad after adjusting for customer value factors. The Surface needs a $100 price reduction to compete with the Ipad.
markbot is offline   Reply With Quote