View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 08:55 AM   #13
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
A trademark HAS to be defended, or the owner can lose it. If Apple own the phrase "App Store" as a registered trademark, then if they didn't defend it in this way, others could claim that Apple had failed to take action to defend their trademark, and Apple could lose it.

This has nothing to do with "false advertising"; it's a simple case of a trademark violation.
To date Apple has been unable to trademark the phrase "app store" - its application to register the trademark is being opposed by Microsoft.

In its suit, Apple is claiming false advertising against Amazon on the basis that using the phrase is "confusing to customers".

I stand by my opinion that Apple is going too far with its litigation.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/07...zon_trademark/
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote