View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 07:50 AM   #11
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
There is something wrong in that 711 report -
Look at the DNS and Gateway addresses.

Either:
Hand edited to fake IP address ;
The report is wrong ;
The setup is wrong ;

The value 257 can not be expressed in 8 bits, 0 ... 255 is all you can represent with only 8 bits.

- - - - -

The default policy of the input chain is "drop" - -

If you do want telnet to always work, open port 23 (just like the entry made for port 22).

If you want Samba and mod SMB to work, you will need to open at least port 445.
Very likely you will have to open the netbios control ports also (137, 138, 139).

Note: All of the assigned, common, ports are listed in your /etc/services file (Kindle, *nix, Windows (yes, even Windows has an etc directory), ...)

Hmm...
We built mod SMB but I don't recall seeing that we build the Samba application.
More Buildroot diddling required or just build it outside of Buildroot with the cross tool chain?
I would expect Samba to be cross-compile friendly.

Some of my earlier postings where a bit confused about that, but we do need more than just the kernel module.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote