Thread: Content Time for price drop
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 02:24 PM   #1
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Time for price drop

Maybe there ought to be a prefix for International. Because this is mainly directed towards non-US Kindle 3 operators.

Now that the Kindle comes with WiFi, and assuming you are getting your content from Amazon through WiFi, should the additional surcharge for 3G file transfer be a specific option for those who choose to use that for transferring content?

I looked at some books from a US address and then from my Swedish address, som books were up to $4 more expensive for a European than an American (they do get all the goodies, don't they? ), however, if the book is delivered over WiFi Amazon don't incur any extra 3G charges for roaming. Delivering it my WiFi Kindle or Joe Sixpack's Kindle will cost them the same, but they do get to pocket a few extra bucks per sale.

The other thing I discovered, is that unless I have some proxy connection Amazon knows I'm not in the US when connected through WiFi. That works fine with Kindle4PC, but alas you can't just transfer between the PC and the Kindle.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote