View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 10:32 AM   #96
euro traveler
Connoisseur
euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Nook STR, Kobo Mini, TrekStor Pyrus Mini, Nook HD & HD+
TrekStor Customer Support

I contacted TrekStor via their website on 22 Feb. and got their email response today, 27 Feb.

I had sent them this: "After the TrekStor eReader Suite failed to install, my Pyrus Mini no longer shows up under My Computer. It now simply shows as Removable Disk (J: ) and Removable Disk (K: ).

I can no longer access my Mini with my pc. Clicking on Removable Disk (J: ) now only brings up the error message "Please enter a disk into drive (J: )"

I could still read the epub books on my Mini, until after I tried both Format Device and Factory Reset."

Their response was, "this problem could be caused by a defective cable. If you have a replacment cable, please try to with the pyrus mini on another usb-port or another computer." Uh, right.

Luckily I was able to use the reader's built-in explorer to delete a new file (something like machineinfo.ini in the Digital Editions folder) that had appeared after the failed suite installation and that fixed everything.
Even the cable magically fixed itself, hehe
euro traveler is offline   Reply With Quote