View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 01:47 AM   #1
Glottalpoly
Enthusiast
Glottalpoly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glottalpoly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glottalpoly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glottalpoly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glottalpoly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glottalpoly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glottalpoly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glottalpoly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glottalpoly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glottalpoly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glottalpoly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7
ereader with metadata support (android)

I have several thousand books in Calibre. These are mainly pdf. The original pdf metadata is invalid, but I have manually corrected this in Calibre (i.e. the Calibre catalogue, NOT the pdf). I have a Nexus 7, and I wish to import them into a reader that will process the metadata, but I cant find a product that will do it. I seem to have several options (none pretty) :

1) I tried Aldiko but it takes the metadata from the pdf and ignores the Calibre "metadata.opf". I have said that I will pay if there is a version that can do it. I logged with Aldiko support (Request #11132 ) - but not getting a straight answer.

2) Use a batch pdf editor such as "A-PDF Rename" (cost $29), and use the Calibre library catalogue to generate the batch commands. Then use "any" ereader that will process pdf metadata from the modified pdf (e.g. Aldiko).

3) Find an (android) ereader that will handle "external" metadata (i.e. NOT in the pdf itself). I have had a look but can't find one. I dont mind paying, but doesnt even seem to be a paid option.

4) Convert the pdf to epub (which embeds the metadata). I have tried this. Some are just unreadbale (the format, not Calibre's fault), and some I haven't yet managed to get Calibre to convert (errors).

Any suggestions ? Did I miss something ?

Last edited by Glottalpoly; 11-18-2012 at 02:00 AM.
Glottalpoly is offline   Reply With Quote