View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 09:55 PM   #9
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
Thanks for responses so far (I'm reading everything that gets posted.) Good to know there is a smaller Mighty Bright (Brite?).

For reference, I've been using the Kandle, although I think mine is an older model than pictured. It's really not too bad, except for batteries. It uses watch-type batteries that you pretty much have two options on:

1) Buy very expensive name-brand ones

2) Buy a whole lot of super cheap import ones that don't last nearly as long

I have a habit of falling asleep while reading, so I went with #2. It's still annoying as you have to haul out a jeweler's screwdriver (they provide one) to swap batteries. Overall it's been 'acceptable', but if I have the refund from my Paperwhite I wouldn't mind trying something more expensive (assuming I keep the Kindle Keyboard rather than go with a different lighted reader). Having the ability to recharge batteries myself would be nice though.

Quote:
I love it but your S.O. in bed might not. My husband wont let me use mine.
We both currently have the Kandle configuration, so we both grudgingly tolerate occasionally being blinded by the other person. (I've gotten in the habit of sleeping with a pillow over my head as I get older anyway.)

Last edited by Trauma Doll; 10-09-2012 at 10:00 PM.
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote