View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 06:09 PM   #9
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJohnNewton View Post
To be fair I do not own an iPhone but several friends of mine do so I've used theirs on occasion outside at Starbucks and other restaurants usually at lunch so in full sun. I'm in sunny California btw. When trying to use it in bright sun I found it pretty much impossible to read. I did not attempt to increase the brightness (not knowing how) but then neither did any of my very geeky, very Apple fan, friends who I would assume would know how. Perhaps there is a way to make it at least useable?
I have no idea whether you can do it on the iPhone, but what I do on my Palm OS device (a Tapwave Zodiac 2) is turn the backlight completely off. That makes it quite readable outside in sunlight.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote