Thread: Content Time for price drop
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 03:03 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Maybe there ought to be a prefix for International. Because this is mainly directed towards non-US Kindle 3 operators.

Now that the Kindle comes with WiFi, and assuming you are getting your content from Amazon through WiFi, should the additional surcharge for 3G file transfer be a specific option for those who choose to use that for transferring content?

I looked at some books from a US address and then from my Swedish address, som books were up to $4 more expensive for a European than an American (they do get all the goodies, don't they? ), however, if the book is delivered over WiFi Amazon don't incur any extra 3G charges for roaming. Delivering it my WiFi Kindle or Joe Sixpack's Kindle will cost them the same, but they do get to pocket a few extra bucks per sale.

The other thing I discovered, is that unless I have some proxy connection Amazon knows I'm not in the US when connected through WiFi. That works fine with Kindle4PC, but alas you can't just transfer between the PC and the Kindle.
Amazon are slowly but surely dropping the surcharge. We lost it in the UK earlier this year. Presumably it's as they sign deals with local telecoms operators, so there's no longer any international roaming involved. We also in the UK seem to be paying significantly lower prices for books than some elsewhere - hopefully this too will spead.

You cannot buy a book with K4PC and directly copy it to your Kindle, but if you remove the DRM from it you then can do.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote