View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 09:29 AM   #1
vinarian
vinarian began at the beginning.

Device: archos 7 home tablet
Archos 7 home tablet review $199usd

First of all, I would like to point out that I am writing this review. on the archos ht. As this is Android ereader site I will e reviewing mainly the reader capabilties.

1. Touch Screen
This is a touch screen ONLY device, the only hardware button is the power button. The touchscreen does however have good response for a restive (sp) screen. It is perfect for page turnswipes and taps. Initial configuration is a little finicky though, it took two tries to get calibrated.

2. Storage
Ok, so this is an 8gb device, but you can only read ebooks off of Android sd card, which makes no sense to me. However sd cards are dirt cheap nowadays, so that was not a huge problem. Not to mention that the 8gb can be used to store mp3s to listen to while reading...

3. Battery Life
The archos website touts 7 hours video and 44 hours music, I get about 7 hours video, but only 15 hours while just reading, so nowhere near eink, but a lot better than most other color screen devices. On the downside, the unit will NOT charge via usb, you must use the included multinational charger. Charge time is just over one hour.

4. E-reader
The device comes preinstalled wit Alkido which is an excellent ereader, though figuring out how to transfer. ebooks. may take a little getting used to. There ae great brightness settingsas well as nighttime color schemes for easy vreading weather in bed or outside.

I have been usinh this device for about 2 weeks now and I am greatly satisfied.

I will review other aspects later today.
vinarian is offline   Reply With Quote