View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 06:24 AM   #9
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by stustaff View Post
What you pay for an item isnt decided by its production cost. It is decided by its perceived value.

Yes production costs can have an impact on what is perceived to be the value but it isnt as clear cut as you make out.

An electronic version is of more value to me hence why I am here on Mobile read. in fact in theory most of us on here should perceive the ebook to be of higher or equal value to a paperback?

if given a choice at the same prices of 10 paperbacks I want for $59 or the 10 ebooks for $59 I would choose the ebooks.
The same is true for me. I have not bought a paper book in years. But if you pay the same for the ebook, you are giving much more profit to the publisher. That was the point of my post.
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote