Thread: Literary Inferno by Dante
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 06:35 PM   #18
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I finished Inferno this afternoon. The complexity & layers of meaning is astounding, and I know I only comprehended a small fraction on this first reading. I understand why it is said that Dante had a "visual imagination". He truly was an architect evidenced by the details and forethought which he constructs his vision of Hell. I purchased the full text of Dante's Commedia, and I plan to continue reading to the end. I also was inspired to brush up on my Greek mythology and bought Edith Hamilton's classic book on the subject. Thank you, Paola, for your nomination of this epic poem and helpful insights along the way!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote