View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 07:13 PM   #14
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post

Unless you use your kindle as a pillow, it should not be a problem. Whereas cellphones ARE held close to your head and subject your brain to much more radiation due to very close proximity, and at a much higher power level to reach a distant cellphone tower.

I would not worry about the kindle wifi. It is mostly "receive only" with only very short transmit bursts. Radiation damage is cumulative, and I would worry about talking on a cellphone next to your head for extended periods much more than using kindle wifi at arm's length with only occasional web page refreshes or other wifi activity.
You know, I've never given this a second thought, yet I have spent 2 years sleeping with my kindle or iPhone, and recently, my 7" tablet, under my pillow, reading books to me all night - and day when I'm sick - and I already have a (non-malignant) brain tumor.

It was discovered just before I got a kindle, so I don't blame it on that, but what's crazy is that my docs have seen me do it when I'm in the hospital, and no one has ever said a word about it.

Is it safe if I keep wireless off and use airplane mode on iPhone?
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote