View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 12:25 PM   #20
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
And a review that includes the phrases "Another year, another Apple tablet and ensuing craze", "Despite Apple's extreme marketing claims", "or an Apple lover who wants to have the latest and greatest from Cupertino." doesn't exactly come across as very unbiased.
Wow grow some skin. I don't see how your taking issue with anything she said in your quotes. With the exception of the second quotes those are more complements than insults.

Quote:
We naturally tend to agree with and respect those who hold the same opinions we do.
Agreed I'm of the opinion that I want an unbiased review where the reviewer provides facts and omits preference. If the reviewer holds the same opinion, then I tend to like their review.

Quote:
Transformer 700: 1920x1200
iPad 3: 2048x1536
That is roughly 36% more pixels on the iPad.
I'm looking at the DPI (224 (Transf) vs 264(iPad)) which is about a 15% difference. The iPad DPI is better but at reading distance it's negligible. My daughters iPad 3 I can clearly see it's a much better screen than my Nook but the improvement is not that noticeable over my TPrime. I don't see it being that much better than a TInfinity unless you get close and compare them side by side.

Using screen res only is not so good of a measure because if the screen is larger you still might see the grain. You see this with some android phones vs iPhones. They have higher res than the iPhone but the screen size is also much larger. The result is those Android phones have a smaller DPI and not a crisp image as the iPhone. The newer phones like the Gnexus, S3, Hox have DPI that are now near 300 and now have the similar DPI.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote