View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 06:13 PM   #1
JoppyFurr
Coding fuzzball
JoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kindle Touch
Taking over touch screen input + a simple drawing program.

Hi,

I'm just getting started with Kindle development. My goal is to eventually write some form of terminal emulator, so that I could use my Kindle Touch to ssh back to my home computer.

I've started learning to use the frame buffer and touch screen. However, am curious of how to take over the touch screen so that the normal Kindle interface isn't trying to use it at the same time.

I've read this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?t=178143-
Which showed me that touch events can be found at /dev/input/event3. However, I have not been able to find information on allowing a program to completely take over the input.

I've seen other programs that seem to do this. For example, the Sokoban game linked to on the Kindle Touch Hacks page allows you to play without it interfearing with menu items 'behind' the game.

I've made a program that allows you to draw to the screen with your finger. However, it seems like my program is figting with another over the touch screen. When drawing a line with my finger, it shows dashed. As if it was taking turns with the touch screen, getting access to it in chunks of a half second or so.

I have attached my code, if anybody wants to play with it. When it is running, you can stop the program by draging your finger to the top right corner and releasing. I've been compiling with the tcc compiler linked to from here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=175834

Any tips would be appreciated :3
Thanks,

JoppyFurr
Attached Files
File Type: gz Plotting.tar.gz (2.8 KB, 329 views)
JoppyFurr is offline   Reply With Quote