View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 12:17 AM   #90
shinew
Addict
shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 Touch, iPad2, Samsung Galaxy S II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Kindle View Post
I'm using Spyder 3 Print SR
a colorimeter should work just as well depending on the quality of the RGB filters inside and its calibration tolerance. Although Datacolor is the only company I'm aware that uses a colorimeter for reflective measurement, instead of its usual emissive measurement role. On the other hand, spectrophotometers has been used for decades for both emissive & reflective measurements, so I personally trust my specto little more.

Anyway, IMO it's either your K3 & K4's eInk Pearl screens are out of spec or your spyder3print SR is not accurate. A dE of 4.8 from the spec is too large to ignore.
shinew is offline   Reply With Quote