View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 12:40 PM   #15
larka
larka began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Look into other forums here there are still people using other readers, which were out of the market for a long while...
Essentially since no official support exists anymore, we are free to hack it and adjust it to personal needs as we please. I really like it as it is, it is almost perfect and as such it replaced Kindle, Livescribe pen, and ASUS netbook (almost), which I am giving away to my family members. Now I still carry Smartphone and use powerful laptop for work (after staring at LCD screen for 8+ hours everyday, I don't want to read a book for pleasure from another LCD device, thank you). So for reading, writing, notes, email, web, youtube consumtion Edge is perfect and PE is compact enough to carry with me all the time...
What updates needed is ability to use back up library (with marks, journals, calendar scribbles) on other device, like if your edge breaks and you have a spare (or get one on ebay, etc.) you don't lose all your work. Or even move it back to PC and have all your marks preserved in PDFs. I used to send marked book from EE to PE and back through Entourage server - but now it is collapsed. Any alternatives?
There is some work being done on this? I remember seeing some dissecting of Library structure somewhere.
Also hadwriting recognitions from eInk -there is project on this http://edgesync.codeplex.com/documentation by LutzS
I am planning to set up a WiKi about Edge on my website, let me know if you think it is worthwhile...
larka is offline   Reply With Quote