Thread: DRM = BAD
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 11:23 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Sony's DRM does not require you to connect to some DRM server to read your book. All it requires is for you to have the device(s) that were registered when the book was downloaded.
Right, I get that but what if five years from now Sony dumps Connect & the whole ebook thing (like they're doing with the music store)? Say then my 505, or whatever Sony device, dies sometime after that. I'll be out of luck since there will be no new device or way for me to register a used replacement. It's not a big deal for me since I own exactly one book from Connect, but it's one of my main fears with DRM. There's no guarantee whatever company will be around 5, 10, 20 years from now. My pbooks will virtually last & be usable forever & my ebooks should too.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote