View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 01:01 PM   #39
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdndave View Post
livingenzyme

I appreciate your dedication to your chosen device. Guys like you make the hobby more enjoyable in general. Availability at Kmart is great for folks living in the US, but for the rest of us, China tablets are the only option besides an genuine Apple iPad. I for one will probably buy a 2nd or 3rd gen ipad - once it matures and the bugs are ironed out. But until then for less than $200 I can have a device that does 95% of what I need for a fraction of the price.

I think you over exaggerate the risk involved, a few minutes of Google and forum reading will lead you to long term and honest merchants in China. When I have had issues with the stuff I've ordered from China, the merchant was very open and fair to making it right (often I've had vendors ship me new units and told to chuck the defective unit).

But like you said experiences may vary. I have had a very positive experience with direct from China

Dave

BTW I'm in Montreal Canada - not a Chinese shill

Funny, this doesn't read as though it's written by a native English speaker.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote