View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 09:19 PM   #15
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
I've read all the Jack Reacher novels so far - I really enjoy the books (I like the independence of Jack and his ability to just be his own man).

I agree with the consensus here: Lee Child wrote [on purpose] a cliffhanger-style book with 61 Hours.

Although - I had heard an Internet rumor (source[s] unremembered & untraceable) that Lee Child had meant to kill off Jack Reacher but decided to continue on.

Personally, I'd hate to have a long-running character die because the author is done with him/her. I should think it would be hard to start up a series with a main character if you knew s/he was going to die in book #X. It'd almost be like knowing how the book ends...

Anyway. List me as one who's waiting for September to find out what happens to Jack.

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote