View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 01:32 PM   #6
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Solution?

This sounds like an faulty micro SD card (flash memory) inside.
I think it started with PB626 that the previously soldered internal flash memory chip was replaced with a micro sd card inside a holder.
When I opend mine to repair the faulty LED cable I saw this micro sd card. I have some Micro SD cards here which show the same symptoms (no write access but read access), formating ending without doing anything. What prevented me from removing this card from the folder and make an image was, that I wasn't sure I could put it back safely.

PS: Under Linux it should be easier to access the faulty card. My system is XP.

Last edited by nhedgehog; 11-02-2016 at 01:35 PM.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote