View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 02:15 PM   #9
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter2 View Post
For anybody that would like to test this problem for themselves, I have the three versions of the file, HTML (rar'd to fit the upload limits), RTF and TXT.
I just tried loading the HTML file with Sigil 0.2.0beta3, and yes, only a white page is shown. The load fails.

But that's some awful HTML. I don't even think you can call that HTML.

I then opened the file in Word 2007 and saved it as "Web page, filtered" and opened that file just fine with Sigil. The layout is the same in Sigil and Word (as far as I can tell from a quick glance).

You should always use the filtered HTML option when saving HTML from Word, no matter what application you want to use to open the resulting file.

Quote:
I just downloaded the new beta of Sigil, to test, do I have to remove my old version first, or can I just install the beta on top of it?
You can install it on top, or side-by-side in a different folder. They can coexist just fine.

Quote:
just out of curiosity, in the end, does the epub format somehow bundle the images used, or do they travel along as individual files, as with html?
The way you phrased that question, I'd answer "yes" to both. They are stored as individual files inside the epub archive. An epub is just a ZIP archive with specific contents. Word 2007's new DOCX format works in a similar way (it's also a ZIP archive).

Last edited by Valloric; 03-24-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote