View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 07:07 PM   #1
nikkie
Guru
nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, lots of ancient readers
Dictionary lookup?

Up until recently, the last time I used a dictionary was sometime in grade school, when I used to look up new words all the time.

Since I've started reading on my iPhone with Stanza though, and started reading older and older books, I've found that having a dictionary to tell me the meaning of those crusty old words is great!

Some examples:
The Once and Future King by T.H. White - uses all sorts of words and variants of words which are quite dead today.
The Moon is a Harsh Mistress & Stranger in a Strange Land by Rovert A. Heinlein - uses lots of words/expressions/references which have morphed or are no longer known to modern english.

Anyone else going to miss dictionary support on the DR800*? Is there any "hack" or download to include one?
nikkie is offline   Reply With Quote