View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 10:16 PM   #317
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
I've had problems when downloading books before in the Kindle App.
Something like "out of storage".
But this time, a new error code pops up:
"Application Storage Limit Exceeded. The application has exceeded its storage limit, and is unable to continue this operation. Please remove a downloaded book from this device to free storage space".

Anyone else with this message?

Strange.
I've only downloaded 39 books.
Not even big ones, no Garfield or Dilbert comics for example.
So I guess, those 39 books may add up to some 20MB to 50MB.
Is this really the limit?
Number of books or storage space?
Anyway. I find this ridiculous. I already struggle with the 2GB limit on Kindle Paperwhite. But at least this allows for 500 of my 750 Kindle books.
But 39?
To me, that cripples the App useless.
I want to take my whole library with me, especially on a unit without 3G to download "on the road".

Do you have this limit as well?

I've got a similar limit in the Kobo App.
On Sony Duo 11, with Windows 8 (Pro?), I have been able to download my Garfield and Dilbert comics, ca. 100MB each. On Surface RT, Kobo app crashes at the end of the download and the respective book isn't downloaded.

Does Surface RT or Windows RT in general have a problem with managing big files?
I tried a 1 GB video file on it, no problem. But I never tried to use it as a book reader, I only use it for newspapers and magazines (as far as reading apps are concerned).
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote