Thread: Emulators
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #2
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiss View Post
Is there such a thing as an emulator that lets me see how the pages and cover display on other hardware?
Not that I know of, unfortunately.
As most readers use Adobe software for displaying ePub files, testing with ADE may be a good idea.

Quote:
Should I even worry about this?
Of course, you want to make sure everybody can read your book no matter the brand of the reader. Some things that come to mind:

- Split your text in sections no greater than 250-300 K, otherwise some older readers might not be able to open the book.
- Some readers don't support font-embedding. A book with embedded fonts will display with the reader's default font in these readers. The character set of the default reader's font is sometimes limited, so if you are using characters from languages other than english, they may not display correctly.
- Some readers don't have a "history" button. So if you are using links from body text to endnotes, it is a good idea to provide a "go back" link, from endnote to body text.

I hope this helps.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote