View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 03:09 PM   #13
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
I have not found any evidence that this is Netronix hardware, by the way, and I should know.
It has the 4 buttons on the side just like the Eb600/PB301/Cybook, and the d-pad is in the same place. If it's not a Netronix design then this developer made the same bad decisions as Netronix.

Why don't I like it? The 4 buttons on the side are difficult to see, much less press. I have to turn the device sideways to see which one I'm touching. The d-pad is too low on the device for me to have my thumb on it when holding the device with one hand.

Yes, Pocketbook has put some great software on it, and so has Bookeen. But both have moved on to better designs, haven't they? And besides, the Kobo e-reader is going to have the stock firmware.

Last edited by Nate the great; 03-24-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote