View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 10:45 PM   #8
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Regarding battery life - I have had two 900s, a 350 and a 950. None of those devices comes any close to the claimed battery life.

The 350, if I read regularly, a couple of hours per night, I have to recharge every week or so.

The 900s and 950, thanks to the wifi and 3g, don't last more than 4-5 days.

I even bought a replacement battery for the first 900, thinking this was low (based on SONY's claims). It made no difference.

Frankly I don't mind - my readers are always with me and plugging them in to sync with my PC is no big effort and I would do it anyhow every couple of days to manage my list of books.

But the claims about battery life are absolute BS, unless all the units I have had were faulty, which seems unlikely.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote