View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 05:17 AM   #19
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
In general I would agree. Just because the spec says something doesn't mean I agree with it, but it's still the spec. Why type & mdash ; when you can just type and see —? And what's the point of the aforementioned bigodot anyway? But characters like non-breaking space, thin space, and hair space are slightly different.

Sure, I could set up an easy way to type them. Besides which, Compose, space, space for nbsp is already there, or I could just use a Unicode character table. The problem is that I still couldn't really see them unless I paid extremely close attention — heck, non-breaking space is completely invisible in most circumstances. Is it there? Is it missing? Is it there by accident?

Ah, so just use & # 160 ; Well, I'd suspect anyone who thinks that's better than & nbsp ; of being a computer failing the Turing test.

Last edited by Frenzie; 04-22-2017 at 05:23 AM.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote