View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 06:28 PM   #110
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Perhaps I'm prejudiced since I read RAH's juvenile as a juvenile but my favourites are:

The Moon is a Harsh Mistress (who couldn't love Mycroft?)
The Door into Summer
Have Space Suit, Will Travel (the Mother Thing, 'nuff said)
Double Star
The Rolling Stones
The Star Beast
Farmer in the Sky
Time For the Stars
Podkayne of Mars (without Heninlein's original ending, please and thank you)
Red Planet
Between Planets
Tunnel in the Sky
Citizen of the Galaxy
The Puppet Masters (with or without the excisions replaced)
Job: A Comedy of Justice
Stranger in a Strange Land
Starship Troopers
Waldo and Magic, Inc. (two novellas)

Several collections

Revolt in 2100
The Unpleasant Profession of Johnathan Hoag
The Green Hills of Earth
The Man who Sold the Moon
Expanded Universe Volumes 1 and 2

—All You Zombies—

I've read pretty much everything he wrote and have his autograph on several books (I literally bled for those autographs).

At times, I could wish the library in Holly Lisle and Ted Nolan's Hell on High could actually exist--The Library of Lost Books. Want James Schmitz sequel to The Witches of Karres? Find it there. Want Robert Heinlein's The Stone Pillow? It's there as well. Want to drown in the ultimate SF slush pile? Shudder... NO!!!
I had a neighbor in... junior high(?) that read through all the Heinlein juveniles. He would show them to me at the bus stop. I distinctly remember him showing me The Rolling Stones and Have Spacesuit, Will Travel.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote