View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 06:28 PM   #12
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysnana View Post
I did a search for opf on my entire computer, which included the EHD and an SD card. I have some books saved to the SD card, so those are the opf files that were found.

The jpeg files are one each in the book title folder, which are in the author folder..

E:\My Files(Judi-PC)\Native\C\Users\Judi\Calibre Library
Gotcha (I think) - I asked because your earlier posts seemed to be inconsistent. Is the E: drive your system partition or some other partition?

Did you lose any other data - photo's, documents, videos etc? If not then its odd that only your calibre ebook library was effected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysnana View Post
My laptop crashed, and when I tried to use my back up there was a message saying my back up was corrupt.
What said it was corrupt - Windows, 3rd Party Backup/Restore software, Calibre?

When you turned your laptop on and it wouldn't start was it 'shutdown' or 'asleep' - if latter was calibre running?

I can't think of anything one could do in calibre to create the situation where the library\author\book folder structure remained in place with the cover.jpgs, but without the metadata.db file and the format and metadata.opf files.

I concur with previous posters, it looks like your library is wrecked.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote